Welcome to FVARC.org
Please accept our warmest welcome!
If you have ANY questions that haven't been answered through our web pages feel free to contact any member via our local repeaters, phones, or email from our contact page. We'll be more than happy to answer your questions and help you in any way possible!
The Flathead Valley Amateur Radio Club, (FVARC), setup this web site to keep you informed of our clubs activities and provide you with FVARC news.
We hope these pages will provide you with the information you seek to become more knowledgeable of amateur activities in the Flathead Valley and more involved with our club!
Our next club meeting will be Sept 16th, 7:00 p.m., at our usual place, the Search and Rescue building on 3 mile road, Kalispell.
Trent our weather spotter is scheduled to put on a presentation and certification right after our club meeting. So we'll keep it short and if you want to stay after for his presentation please do.
Classes and testing are generally held at the Flathead County Search and Rescue (FCSAR) Headquarters, located at 525 Three Mile Drive, Kalispell.
License Exam Session: Wednesday May 21st at 6:00pm - 1286 Burns Way Kalispell MT 59901, MontanaSky.Net Office Bldg.
Fee for Exam Session: $12.00.
Class Schedule: TBD
Fee for Class is $35. Includes Study Book!
* If you pass the test for one license level there is no additional fee to take the test for the next license level.
* Exam participants need to present a photo ID
* Parents may provide confirmation of identity for minors that do not have photo identification.
* Social Security numbers are required by the FCC on all new license applications.
* Those testing to upgrade their current license to a higher level must provide two copies (Not the Original)of their current amateur license.
License copies can be printed online by going to: http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchLicense.jsp
1. Enter your call sign in the search field and click the Search button
2. Click on your call sign link to bring up more information
3. Click on "Reference Copy" in the upper menu
4. You will get a PDF file of your license that you can print
If you've studied on your own, have taken the sample tests online, and would like to test for your license NOW!, let us know! We'll set up a time, get three VE's together and get you tested ASAP!!!!! We want you licensed and on the air!
Trent has moved his weather spotter training from May to September 16th at our regular meeting time and place.
Those wishing to become certified as weather spotters should stay after the short meeting for the training.
Every Saturday morning at 9am at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery located at 1390 US Highway 2 East. (See map below)
This is an informal get-together for an "eyeball QSO".
EVERYONE is invited, especially NEW hams! This is an excellent forum for new hams to be able to sit down with seasoned hams and absorb the hobby! Come on down and enjoy some GREAT Amateur Radio talk over coffee, ham and eggs!