Welcome to FVARC.org
Please accept our warmest welcome!
If you have ANY questions that haven't been answered through our web pages feel free to contact any member via our local repeaters, phones, or email from our contact page. We'll be more than happy to answer your questions and help you in any way possible!
The Flathead Valley Amateur Radio Club, (FVARC), setup this web site to keep you informed of our clubs activities and provide you with FVARC news.
We hope these pages will provide you with the information you seek to become more knowledgeable of amateur activities in the Flathead Valley and more involved with our club!
The annual FVARC Christmas party will be held on Saturday, December 13, 5:00 pm at Perkins. Brenda has agreed to be our hostess again this year! She does a wonderful job and it is greatly appreciated! We will have a White Elephant exchange so if you would like to participate, bring a gift. Hope to see you all there!
Congratulations are in order!!
Last weekend at Perkins the following people have passed their exams for either a new license or an upgrade.
Keith Stephens KG7OYU Technician
Andrew Speer KG7OYV Technician
Ann Yudysky KF7SQE Extra Class
Kari Carter KG7OYW Technician
Jeremy Lacy KD7JKR General
Again Congratulations and we hope to see and hear you on the air waves.
Thanks to Don Johnson for coming all the way from Eureka to give these exams with Johnny K7BIR and Lyndel N7LT.
Classes and testing are generally held at the Flathead County Search and Rescue (FCSAR) Headquarters, located at 525 Three Mile Drive, Kalispell.
License Exam Session: Wednesday May 21st at 6:00pm - 1286 Burns Way Kalispell MT 59901, MontanaSky.Net Office Bldg.
Fee for Exam Session: $12.00.
Class Schedule: TBD
Fee for Class is $35. Includes Study Book!
* If you pass the test for one license level there is no additional fee to take the test for the next license level.
* Exam participants need to present a photo ID
* Parents may provide confirmation of identity for minors that do not have photo identification.
* Social Security numbers are required by the FCC on all new license applications.
* Those testing to upgrade their current license to a higher level must provide two copies (Not the Original)of their current amateur license.
License copies can be printed online by going to: http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchLicense.jsp
1. Enter your call sign in the search field and click the Search button
2. Click on your call sign link to bring up more information
3. Click on "Reference Copy" in the upper menu
4. You will get a PDF file of your license that you can print
If you've studied on your own, have taken the sample tests online, and would like to test for your license NOW!, let us know! We'll set up a time, get three VE's together and get you tested ASAP!!!!! We want you licensed and on the air!
Every Saturday morning at 9am at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery located at 1390 US Highway 2 East. (See map below)
This is an informal get-together for an "eyeball QSO".
EVERYONE is invited, especially NEW hams! This is an excellent forum for new hams to be able to sit down with seasoned hams and absorb the hobby! Come on down and enjoy some GREAT Amateur Radio talk over coffee, ham and eggs!